Sunday, 25 May 2008

11:05 pm: Sad to see Auntie Bee Kheng go... = (

Hello everyone who reads,

Speaking from the bottom of my heart, I really have no mood to write blog today. But, if I don't write, I'll forget. Today is the cremation day of my auntie who has passed away on 22 may 2008, at around 230PM to 245PM. I don't know and I really don't know. On Thursday was the cross country event that ended at 11AM something if I am not wrong. While on the way home, I had a feeling that something was going to happen to my auntie lying in SGH suffering in pain. My prediction served me right. After eating my lunch that day, I called my mother, asking her how is my auntie. She said she is in a very dangerous situation and hanged up quickly. About 10 minutes later, my dad called me and told me that auntie Bee Kheng (美玉阿姨) had just passed away. Upon hearing the news, I felt lost, sad and confused. I kept telling myself that it wasn't true, refusing to accept the news.

That day's night, I went to see her funeral downstairs her house. When I saw her lying in the coffin, I saw the peace in her face, finally all the sufferings had ended. I wanted to cry, but I told myself not to. On that same night, my auntie's husband, Uncle Phang, approached me and my sister and asked me and her to sing a song for my late auntie as a last dedication to her, we agreed. On Friday, I went to school to collect my report book, and I was dismissed at 930AM. I went home, bathed and went to my auntie's funeral at Bukit Batok Street 25, Block 889F (if I am not wrong). I was there the whole day, till night. That night, me and my sister sang the song "Still" at the memorial service held on 23 May 2008. After everything, we helped in serving the guest drinks and topping up peanuts. After everything, We went home at about 11PM. When we reached home, I bathed and slept till 10AM next morning (24 May 2008). Then, I pack my bed and packed the things for tuition. After that, around 345PM, we left for tuition (Chinese). After tuition, we went to my late auntie's wake. As usual, we attended the memorial service, and went home on 10PM on 24 May 2008 because we have church today.

When I woke up this morning, I quickly packed my things and left with my dad, sister and brother to church. My mother stayed at the funeral yesterday. After my Church service, I went downstairs to help out my church to set up tables and serve the drinks. After eating, I went to my Maternal Grandmother's house to pick up my mother to go to my late auntie's funeral. We stayed there till it's time to send the body off for cremation. When it was time to send my late auntie's coffin for cremation which would start at 730PM at Mandai crematorium, I couldn't control my tears anymore so I cried. I've been thinking of my late auntie for the past few days and when I wanted to cry, I told myself to control, but I couldn't now. I really missed her because this late auntie of mine really cared for me a lot when she was alive. I'll always remember her for all the things she has done for me. Among all the aunties and uncles on my maternal side, this is the only auntie that is a christian. In that case, I am happy for her that she need not suffer anymore and I heard from my mother that she was in pain during the last two days of her life. This auntie of mine is such a kind person. When I was at her funeral during the last two nights, many people cried for her, from Church friends, to close friends, from close friends to relatives. Many cried for her from young to old.

I know this time when my late auntie pass away, I could feel the sadness and how depressed my mother is. I really don't know how to comfort her. Just now, when my late auntie's body was being cremated, my mother kept crying, for the first time in my life I saw her cried so badly. All I could do was to put my hand around her shoulder and told her not to cry, with me myself crying too. Because I really missed this late auntie of mine.

Cephas

Labels: ,