Thursday, 26 June 2008

8:31 pm: Long period of time................

Hi everyone reading,

I know la har, loooong time never write blog liao. Cause kind of busy with school work and have no time for computer. Even if I on the computer, the one who is using it is not me. Hmms, today just came back from maths tuition, so like kind of a bit tired and don't feel like doing any work, so I decided to write blog today since I haven't written for numerous days.

As promised, the Malaysia trip. Okay, quite fun and enjoyed it but a bit paiseh. Me and my family (Dad, Mum, Sis, Bro) drove all the way up from Singapore to Cameron Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia. If you people are good in mapping, Cameron Highlands is located at the North West corner at Pahang. So that is like very far north. We stayed altogether 3 nights at Malaysia. 2 at Cameron Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia. The last night at a five star hotel booked by my grand uncle when we visited him and his family on the way down back to Singapore at Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia. Cameron Highlands in Pahang, Malaysia was very fun.

The weather at Cameron Highlands is very cool there 19-21 degrees Celsius. The Australia weather. But Cameron Highlands is about strawberries! There are countless strawberry farms there. And of course, the BOH tea plantation factory. It was my first time going to the BOH tea plantation factory and I saw how tea leaves were made (Dirty u noe, so next time before u drink tea, better wash the tea leaves WELL). But frantically speaking, I was quite amazed with how tea was made (so fast!). And the strawberry farm (s) were nice too. There is one of the farms, that allows you to plug strawberries, I was just eating and plucking away :P So fun and cheap (30RM 1KG) plucking strawberries. But some are just not nice XD. While I was staying in Cameron Highlands in Pahang, I stayed in a "resort" there. Chefoo Methodist resort. That place is very "简陋". So it's like VERY dark at night aka haunted. No la joking. Haunted I check out immediately. Then the so called "resort" got a caretaker woman. Cause this "resort" got a very big field downstairs, a basketball court, and a playground. So that woman had a dog called "bay". So I don't know why but my sister and my brother seems to like that dog very much. That dog also quite friendly also. Then while during the period of our stay there, we like to play badminton there. And Monopoly upstairs at our rooms. So it's like kind of weird. Going for a holiday but bringing monopoly and badminton there to play... After the two days of stay, before we left, she gave us 8 packs of small tomatoes, and one tray of strawberries. But the sad thing is when we brought the strawberries to Selangor, while visiting my grand uncle and his family, so strawberries were squashed and the juice is like coming out of the tray. SAD. So we have no choice but to give some of the strawberries to them, in addition to 4 packs of the tomatoes :P

We also did many things in Selangor. Visit grand uncle and his family is one. Second was visit my grand uncle's wife's parents. Sounds complicated isn't it? haha. Wow, it's like first time meet them and Me, my sister and brother received 50RM red packet each... That is one of the reasons why I said paiseh. Then also gave them 2 packs of tomatoes. haha. Left two. But I finished one pack while driving through the Singapore customs. XD We also went to my grand uncle's house. But he's not at home. Only his wife and two sons are. He went Kuching for business trip. Haiz I wonder when I'll see him again. Then we also went to Sun Plaza (If I;m not wrong) to a restaurant called Dragon-I that specialises in Cantonese and Shanghainese Chinese Cuisine. Sounds hungry arh? ^^ After that we and my sister and my grand uncle's sons (uncle Dominic and uncle Alex) went to Malaysia's Popular bookstore to see things. Well see is see but we ended up buying things. They kept saying, "You want anything, just say. We'll buy for you. Money is not the problem." That is when I feel the MOST paiseh. Come Malaysia ask them book a hotel for us already so paiseh. Now they want to buy things. psps. Then I was pondering over 张栋梁 (Nicholas Teo)'s new CD album, From Now On. So he ask me, "You want ar?". I said, "Dont need la, most of the songs I have already. Just 3 new songs and a MV DVD only." So we went to look at books. I was interested in a bit of Chinese History, so he bought me a book called chronicles of the Chinese Emperors. Hmm... Sound chim right? Okay never mind. Then when we were going to pay, he just suddenly say wait, let me go get something. And he came back with the CD album I was pondering over just now. PSPS. He just bought it for me. Then after that he drove me and my sister to some Indian shop and bought some thing thicker than roti prata and they said it was nice. So they bought it and fetched us back to the hotel and told us to have those for supper. Then we had a peaceful sleep.

Then the next day, my grand uncle's wife which we call 舅婆 or auntie Geok Tin, brought us to eat the famous Klang Bak Kut Teh. While we were eating, she told us about all those horrible robbers in Malaysia. She said there is an Indian restaurant nearby, where MANY rich people patronise. She said robbers would bring guns and rob all the customers there. Sounds scary. There's more but I don't want to talk about it due to lack of time. (You can ask me personally about it if you really did like to know more about it). After eating, we sent her back home and bided our farewells and started to head for Singapore. While on the way back to Singapore, we stopped by at Malacca to buy some stuff at Carefour. Quite BIG ar their Carefour. :P Then we drove through Johor and back to Singapore. About evening now. Then we went to my grandmother's house to deliver the gifts auntie Geok Tin has prepared for them and went back home. ^^

Actually, I was really thankful for my grand uncle's family for being such a good host. I really did enjoy my trip in Malaysia with them accompanying us. Next time they come Singapore we'll sure be the best hosts here. ^^ Okay, it's just getting late, I'm going to bed soon.

Goodbye and cheers,

Cephas

Labels: ,